Gold Star Teen Adventures has been and remains an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with EIN number 90-0998030. Gold Star Teen Adventures is registered in the State of North Carolina.
1. GRAND PRIZE: GSTA does not/ can not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This section has been prepared for rules and regulation informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction. Amounts paid for tickets do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. By purchasing a ticket you agree to be bound by these rules. In addition, all costs of truck ownership, such as (without limitation) insurance, are the Prize winner’s sole responsibility. GSTA assumes no responsibility for a prize winner’s state tax obligations.
Forms W-2G and 945 will be filed by Gold Star Teen Adventures with the Internal Revenue service to report the value of the prize won. The winner will also receive a copy of these forms. This offer is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this raffle, all ticket purchasers and the person named on each raffle ticket accept and agree (1) to be bound by all the rules, limitations and restrictions set forth here, and (2) that their names and or likenesses may be disclosed to and used by the news outlets, social media outlets and may otherwise be used by GSTA, for publicity purposes and naming of the prize winner to be published in area newspapers or other media outlets including but not limited to television, radio, web, social media and print. The prize winner will be published on the GSTA’s event website and social media outlets. GSTA’s interpretation and application of the rules and regulations shall be final. If a winner does not wish to claim the prize, the winner shall provide Gold Star Teen Adventures a written statement within the thirty (30) day period stating that the winner does not wish to take ownership of the vehicle.
By participating in this raffle, each participant releases Gold Star Teen Adventures and each of its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, liability for possession, use or misuse of any prize, and each winner agrees to indemnify and hold GSTA and each of its respective directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, costs, expenses, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize.
2. The GSTA and Love Automotive Truck Raffle is a fundraising raffle in support of all 2019 Gold Star Teen Adventures events conducted by a third party raffle agency Chance2Win. These Official Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented unless such waiver, modification or supplementation is made in writing by Gold Star Teen Adventures.
3. GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: The price per ticket is $50.00. A maximum of 2,500 tickets will be sold. A minimum of 2,000 tickets will be sold. Ticket sales will cease when all tickets are sold, or the Saturday June 1st deadline is reached. Any requests and payments received following the cut off times or after the sale of 2,000 tickets will be returned to the sender. The ratio of the prize to tickets is approximately 1 to 2,500. The Grand Prize drawing for the 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 4WD Crew Short Box will be held on Friday December 6, 2019 @ 12:00 PM, by live drawing on social media feeds. This date and all other dates stated in these rules may be extended at the absolute discretion of GSTA. Tickets may sell out before that time. The winning ticket will be drawn at random from a third party raffling system containing names of all eligible raffle tickets. The drawing for the prize is open to the public; however, the winner does not need to be watching the live feed to win.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Raffle ticket purchasers and the person named on a raffle ticket must be at least 18 years of age at the time of purchase. Offer void where prohibited by law. The 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 4WD Crew Short Box will be transferred to the winner in “Brand New” condition by Love Automotive who does provide new vehicle warranty through Chevrolet. Gold Star Teen Adventures accepts no liability or responsibility regarding the condition of the truck. No warranties, expressed or implied, are made or offered by Gold Star Teen Adventures. Please be advised that Gold Star Teen Adventures participants, volunteers, board members, and employee family members are eligible to purchase tickets and have the same odds of winning. Employees of Gold Star Teen Adventures are NOT eligible to purchase tickets in this raffle.
5. TRUCK VALUE: The estimated value of the 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 4WD Crew Short Box as shown on the tickets is $44,680.00.
6. REFUNDS: All raffle ticket sales are final. No refunds will be made with the exception of any ticket request with verified payment received after 2,500 tickets have been sold or after the deadlines set forth. No other refunds are available. GSTA assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, non-delivered mail or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. A raffle participant’s sole and exclusive remedy for GSTA breach shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her raffle ticket(s).
In no event shall GSTA or its respective directors, officers, employees, members, committee members, agents, contractors, advisors, or representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits, or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity.
7. TICKETS: Tickets are $50.00 each and may be purchased solely from the third party raffle site chance2win. You may buy as many tickets as you wish, subject to availability, until all 2,000 are sold. Each raffle ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each raffle ticket is a separate and equal chance to win a brand new 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 4WD Crew Short Box.
8. GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Winner notification will be made by telephone, certified mail, posted on the GSTA web page as well as all GSTA social media outlets. The winner will need to provide proper identification to the satisfaction of Love Automotive. A representative of Love Automotive will assist in coordinating all the details with the winner regarding the delivery, tags, and registration of the brand new 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 4WD Crew Short Box. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by Gold Star Teen Adventures and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
9. IN EVENT OF NON-SELLOUT OF TICKETS: A maximum of 2,000 tickets will be sold. A minimum of 2,000 tickets must be sold for the Prize winner to receive the truck. If fewer than 2,500 raffle tickets are sold, GSTA reserves the right to extend the drawing date, cancel the raffle contest at any time in which event liability is limited to the refund of the ticket price to all participants, or draw with less than the minimum.
10. Gold Star Teen Adventures reserves the right to modify or extend prize drawing deadlines, and/or add additional prizes or drawings at any time, in their sole discretion.
All proceeds benefit Gold Star Teen Adventures.